Saturday, February 13, 2010

Irritants

Is it so wrong for me to want a person who can type out words and create full sentences? Most of the people I've been talking to don't seem to catch on to the fact I hate, hate, HATE texting language. It shouldn't be as the place you "met" me is a profile that states I dislike it. Not to mention the fact if you're 40, you should prefer typing out the full words, too.

It's a huge turn off for me if you act like a juvenile just because I can't meet you for the night. This one guy not only uses texting language but was dumb about the fact I couldn't meet with him tonight. I told him I had to work on something for my internship and he replied with "u suck." As if not typing "you" wasn't bad enough, but he also then wrote "lol... I'm kidding."

I was tempted to reply, "No, I blow." But I was so irritated that I wrote to him that I'm likely to not want to meet with him if he keeps it up. He's forty, I think, and he can't write full words or sentences when typing and he acts the equivalent of a young teen. I normally like the idea of older men because they are supposed to be more sophisticated. I'm all for a sense of humor, but one that tells me "I suck" because I can't meet you, even if you're joking, is not something I want to get myself into.

There is a guy a few hours south of here. I'll call him K. He seems like a great man and he really wants to meet up. The best part is that he wants to meet half-way between the two of us. I think the only downside is that I don't want to have sex in a hotel. I know people do it every day, but I don't want to lose my virginity in a hotel room.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, text talk annoys me too, though I've been guilty of slipping the odd bbit in myself too

    ReplyDelete